Competition Terms and Conditions
1. All applications must be submitted on-line via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Answer all questions honestly and to the best of your ability.
3. We will be unable to reply to all applicants individually. You will only hear from us if you have been invited to an audition.
4. Please ensure you read, fully understand and meet the eligibility requirements before applying to enter the competition.
5. You must be aged 18 to 35 on 1 January 2019.
6. You must be a Botswana citizen.
7. You cannot have any formal tertiary or other professional catering qualifications.
8. All BNACC contestants must be amateurs, if you have previous professional kitchen experience that the competition panel deem could create an unfair advantage (at their entire discretion), you will not be eligible. As a non-exhaustive guide for professional or semi-professional activity that would preclude participation as a contestant for BNACC, including but not limited to the following examples: -
a) If you have ever worked full-time in a kitchen, as chef de partie or higher.
b) If you have taught cooking classes or have done cooking demonstrations or food preparation in any capacity whether it is on a casual, part time, full time or contract basis in the last 15 years; You will not be eligible.
But, if you have worked in (i) food service (as distinct from food preparation) in restaurants or (ii) food service coupled with very basic food preparation such as making sandwiches or working in so called ‘fast food’ restaurants or (iii) made and sold products at local markets or for family and friends, (provided that this in an amateur and not a professional pursuit and is not your primary source of income) this will generally not be considered professional or semi-professional food preparation experience that would exclude you from participation.
9. Your main source of income cannot come from preparing and cooking fresh food in a professional environment (e.g. restaurant, hotels, canteens etc).
10. You must be able to commit to all the participation days required. The competition is is scheduled to take place between approximately April 2019 the end of August 2019 (as such dates may be varied)
11. You cannot have a criminal record.
12. Submission of an application form and compliance with the above does not in any way constitute an offer to appear in the competition.
13. Selection for the event will is at the discretion of competition panel. When selecting applicants for BNACC 2019, the following issues will be taken into account: skill, enthusiasm, drive, love of food, desire to change your life.
14. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
15. All entries must have a copy the applicant Omang attached.
16. A 2 year employment contract is guaranteed to the winner, of which 1 of the 2 years will be over the duration of the winners scholarship